Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Eat Pray Love, vomit


4 out of 10
Not actually as bad a film as I was expecting, but let’s not get carried away with ourselves this is still very much one to miss unless you have a very high tolerance for clichés and touché feely drivel.
I can over look the glaring anomalies such as the Julia Roberts encouraging us to embrace the “Muffin top” whilst never actually appearing to put on any weight, etcetera, etcetera

However what I really don’t get is that despite having enjoyed the luxury to have such a life affirming/ changing experience she chooses to ignore all the sound but banal clichéd “Bumper sticker” advice that she gleans along the way and instead seems to be every bit as lost, unscented and neurotic as she did after the divorce.

She started out strong, decisive and brave but by the end of the film/ year (and it felt like a year) she was incapable of making any decision without some sort of Guru acting in loco parentis. Now that’s hardly progress and certainly not something to boast about, oh look at me I feel so liberated and free now that I have other people structuring my life and telling me what to do....uuuhhhhch!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment